Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sherline Lathe - Tool Caddy

There are the few set up pieces I need to cover 90% of the jobs on the lathe and the mill.
My two hand cranked machines are located right next to each other.


I drilled holes into a plastic block for the:
  1. 3 jaw chuck bars
  2. A drill chuck key
  3. Large allen wrench
  4. Small allen wrench
  5. Edge finder
With these six pieces at my fingertips I can really fly!

This is truly a huge improvement with my left hand I can pick up both of the 3 jaw chuck bars at once and before the head stops spinning I am ready to release the work piece.

The T handle Allen wrench is a must for swapping out the three different tool bit holders quickly, I leave the tall T nut in the cross slide and the bolt in each of the tool holders and spin the T handle to run the bolt up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment