Thursday, April 2, 2015

Why I hate my Ryobi 208B 18V Hand Drill

The Ryobi 208B is a good looking, well designed, and what I expected when I got it home last year. The battery system seems very good.

I decided to switch to Ryobi from DeWalt because I feel that DeWalt is getting fat & happy; they have lost their consumer centric design focus.

I have always been happy with Ryobi tools in the past.

Why I hate my 208B is because it cannot hold the bit in the chuck.

Why I hate my 208B is because it cannot hold the bit in the chuck.

I wonder what the Program manager has to say about this?

I'm not sure where the "hold the bit in the chuck" line item is in the design criteria but it might be somewhere at the top.
I suspect that the engineers assumed that any way the chuck works was fine, but it is not.

 So I avoid using it, I am never sure that the bit will remain in the chuck.

HAVING THE BIT FALL OUT DURING THE MIDDLE OF AN OPERATION IS DANGEROUS LET ALONE ANNOYING.


No comments:

Post a Comment