Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sherline CNC MILL - Diamond Circle Square Test

The reason I went to the 20kg motor was because of the problems I was having with my millings specifically the motors skipping steps. The most important thing that I think I have done to mitigate this problem is slowing down the feed rate to 75% of top speed; 16ipm.



I performed a Diamond Circle Square test milling with the new motor and my 75% speed setting. The milling took about 30mins and went off fine.
I will provide all of the inspections data in a few days.

12.11.12
I am not a statistition but I do have a lot of inspection room experiance. This is the over - under graphic with dimensions for the DCS test.


I think that the circles are the most out of spec and because most of the dimensions came from a circle to a flat it is difficult to figure out. Ultimatley the X axis has most of the errors, Y axis is evry good.

The next time I run this test I will make two decrete runs: multiple concentric circles and multiple "concentric" squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment